Virtuology Academy offers 4 courses on the subject of Digital Marketing for Local Retail
Digital Transformation in the Retail Sector
The digital market is an ever-evolving landscape with constant changes in technology and strategies. In order to stay on the leading edge of digital marketing trends, it’s important for all members of a business to stay current on the changing environment. Even if you operate a local retail business, building an online marketing strategy is the key to growth and success.
GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook, & Apple) are the key American online retailers that drive the change in the digital retail space. They’ve shaped how the world shops for the last 15 years, so learning to follow their marketing strategies is the key to higher retail success.
During this program, you’ll learn how GAFA shaped the omnichannel ecosystem, and predict where they will go in the years to come. This course shows you how retail organizations can adapt their business to the latest digital trends to succeed in the omnichannel battle.
This program within the Local Retail Digital Marketing series is tailor-made management:
- Retail senior management, mainly in the business field
- Commercial managers/directors
- Marketing managers/directors
- Area managers/directors
This ½ day course uses guided discussion, lectures and hands-on practice on the following subjects:
- How #GAFAs are shaping the digital ecosystem in the Retail Sector?
- What is the future of omnichannel retailing?
- Which digital organization should you follow to address future marketing challenges?
- How to embark location managers & franchisees in your digital journey?
Managing Google My Business and Facebook Places
The latest research shows that more than 80% of consumers check the web before visiting a physical store or restaurant and 75% of users making a local search on the web visit a location within 24 hours (Source: Google/Purchased Digital Diary: How Consumers Solve Their Needs in the Moment, May 2016). This new consumer behavior is referred to as O2O (Online to Offline).
In this new age of consumers, the first contact customers have with your physical store or restaurant is your Google of Facebook page. It’s essential for any local retail business to build a reliable online presence that builds trust with the customers and encourages them to go O2O.
This program takes a close look at the environments of Google My Business and Facebook Places and how they evolve over time. You’ll learn how to set up a quality Google My Business and Facebook account for multi-location companies that builds brand loyalty and awareness. Finally, you’ll gain insight on how to manage it while staying ahead of your competition.
This section of the “Local Retailing” program is designed for a variety of retail management positions:
- Retail Marketing Manager
- Community Manager
- Retail area managers
During this ½ day course, you’ll be guided through lectures, discussion, and hands-on training on these topics:
- Is it necessary for retailers to publish and manage their location data on Google My Business and Facebook Places?
- How to setup a multi-location account on Google My Business and Facebook Places
- The best strategies and tips for managing your Google My Business and Facebook Places accounts on a daily basis
- How to reliably outperform your competition on Google My Business and Facebook
- What is the future of Google My Business and Facebook?
- Training duration : ½ day
- Interested in attending the next training? Send us a message!
Involving Location Managers and Franchisees in your Digital Marketing Management
Over the past 10 years, the number of local digital interactions continues to increase exponentially. Over the last 2 years alone, the interactions we’ve facilitate for our group of 20,000 clients has multiplied over 37 times. Thanks to the digital strategies of #GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple), the importance of a digital marketing will only continue to increase.
The increasing digital world means that managers need to expand their digital marketing efforts. Digital departments should learn to share their digital marketing activities with location managers and franchisees to make effective local impacts in their communities.
This course will help you understand these recent digital marketing changes, along with the rise in influence of GAFA. You’ll learn to not only cope with these changes, but also how to adapt your business processes to coordinate the efforts between your national digital marketing departments and the location managers or franchisees.
This program designed especially for managers in various departments:
- Retail Marketing Managers
- Community Managers
- Retail area managers
- Retail Legal managers
During this ½ day course, you’ll get in-depth training, lectures, and discussions on subjects relating to digital marketing and location managers. You’ll find answers to questions such as:
- Why do retailers need to involve location managers and franchisees in their digital marketing activities?
- How can you adapt your companies’ communications to coordinate between your national digital marketers to multi-local management?
- What is the new role of a retailer’s digital marketing departments?
- How can you align national marketing, area managers and location managers/franchisees around local digital marketing?
- What role should area managers take in digital marketing?
Implementing a Local Digital Advertising Strategy
Location managers and franchisees are increasingly taken advantage of by various digital marketing initiatives at the local level. Local marketing agencies sell high price/low value marketing services directly to local management. In many cases, these services are not compliant with the franchising contract, not aligned with the companies digital marketing department, and not truly optimized to compete with major retailers.
To combat the confusion and uncertainty in digital marketing, this course gives the national marketing department the tools to create actionable guidelines for franchisees and local managers. It enables every local store to have the biggest digital impact while also staying aligned with the goals of the company as a whole. When retail companies build a structure of dedicated services and resources for local managers, they can make more effective and impactful advertising decisions
During this program, you’ll learn about why you should create and implement a local digital advertising strategy. You’ll gain insight on various digital marketing concepts (GDPR, ROI, Branding, etc.). You’ll learn actionable steps you can apply to your own business right away.
This program is tailor-made for managers and marketers at the local and national level:
- Retail Marketers
- Community Managers
This ½ day course gives you in-depth training on local marketing through lecture, discussion, and hands-on training you can apply to your own business. Topics covered include:
- Goals of local vs national digital marketing
- The local digital advertising paradigm
- How to align local and national media buying
- How and where to buy effective local digital media
- How to guide franchisees and locations managers in digital local media buying
Our programs take place at Virtuology offices in Brussels city.
Virtuology Academy – Avenue Louise, 523 – 1050 Brussels
Legrand – Tram 7, 93 ou 94